diet for evolution

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Sat Jul 22 20:46:33 UTC 2006

søn, 23 07 2006 kl. 01:51 +0530, skrev Rahul:
> David Nielsen wrote:
>
> > I think we can do this for FC6, it would definitely be worth it,
> > bogofilter is _much_ faster and doesn't sit there using all your memory
> > just because you have Evolution open.
> >
> > If we get it in before Test3 it should get plenty of testing and we
> > still have the spamassassin plugin to fallback on if things blow up in
> > an ugly fasion.
>
> Feature freeze is on test 2, not test 3. Playing around with too much
> changes after test 2 is generally a bad idea.

This is a minor change codewise and we have a fallback if we are unhappy
with it to revert to upstreams broken behavior.

If we don't do this, spam filtering will still suck, if we do and it
fails, spam filtering will suck as badly as always - if we do this and
it works we save an obscene amount of memory and lower CPU usage.

So who do I have to bribe and how many doughnuts will it cost me?

- David Nielsen