Re: yum+ldconfig

dragoran wrote:
Jos Vos wrote:

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 07:22:31PM +0200, dragoran wrote:

  [...]

B.t.w., did you measure what (percentage of) time could be won when
collecting the ldconfig calls?  I really don't think it's worth the
pain...

tell me how and I will be happy to test and show results ;)

On top of my head, write a script that samples 'ps' a few times per second, this should give you a good approximation on the total runtime of ldconfig over a long yum operation...