Re: How to bind a ethX network logical device to a specific network card adapter

> 01:01.0 Ethernet controller: National Semiconductor Corporation DP83815 (MacPhyter) Ethernet Controller
> 01:02.0 Ethernet controller: National Semiconductor Corporation DP83815 (MacPhyter) Ethernet Controller
> 01:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8169 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)

How to bind the eth0 logical device to 01:0b.0 physical device ?

into /dev/modprobe.conf file I have this line:

> alias eth0 r8169
> alias eth1 natsemi
> alias eth2 natsemi

but this is not sufficient, when I reboot the machine,
some time the eth0 is bind to natsemi device and I must
change the network cable from Realtek to first NatSemi card

Whit the old FC1 or FC3 this issue did not happen.

Some suggest?

in the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX files there is a
config option "HWADDR=00:11:22:33:44:55" which allows you to bind a
particular MAC address to a particular ethX which should do exactly as
you want.

Peter