Re: Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

Leon wrote:
Rahul <sundaram fedoraproject org> writes:

Hi

The AIGLX repository
(http://redhat.download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/projects/aiglx/)
 is probably not going to be updated anymore as it has been merged
with Xorg 7.1. It is going to be confusing to continue having obsolete
software. Can we pull it off? I will update the rendering project wiki
pages.

Rahul

What about people using FC5? Any plan to update the xorg in FC5 to 7.1?

Yes, we are planning on releasing Xorg 7.1 as an FC5 update, however
there is no specific timeframe planned.  Once 7.1 has achieved what we
consider to be adequate testing, and we feel that the majority of the
worst bugs/regressions are worked out, we'll then be ready to consider
doing an update.  After that, we just need to schedule the time to
actually rebuild the packages and make any FC5 specific tweaks that
may be needed.

So just sit back and wait, and eventually 7.1 should come out for FC5.

--
Mike A. Harris  *  Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
                      Proud Canadian.