Re: Cross-compilers.

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 03:51:52PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 09:27 -0400, John W. Linville wrote:

> > I was, of course, presuming that the audience of this list would
> > be interested in targeting linux.
> Well, people had been referring to uclinux, avr/avr-libc, mingw32/msys,
> cygwin/newlib, rtems/newlib, bare metal and ... linux/glibc targets.
>
> .. so I am probably not alone with my perception.

Well, perhaps you are right.  I apologize if I reacted too harshly.

For the record...unless explicitly stated otherwise, by referring
only to a processor arch in this discussion I am implying linux and
glibc for the target.

Allowing for other targets seems worthwhile as well, FWIW...

Thanks,

John
--
John W. Linville