Re: Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Peter Gordon wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 00:18:59 +0200, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <d jacobfeuerborn conversis de> wrote:
So basically you say that since you cannot attack the vendors directly
you choose to do so by proxy by...kicking your own users in the balls?
While I'm not exactly a friend of these vendors myself I consider this
behaviour not quite ethical.

Is it not also inethical to *not* do this, thereby indirectly promoting
or encouraging the use of proprietary drivers? ;)

What non-proprietary driver works well for 7.1 and alglx?

It seems that the only way to get the speed needed for all the gee-whizzy features is to run a proprietary card with proprietary drivers. (Except they don't support it yet, so you can't.)

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

--
"I want to live just long enough to see them cut off Darl's head and
 stick it on a pike as a reminder to the next ten generations that some