Re: Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

Rahul wrote:
dragoran wrote:

Rahul wrote:

dragoran wrote:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=946216&postcount=4
but this should not stop you from realeasing xorg-7.1
if someone for (whatever reason) don't wont to use it they should still wait until updated drivers are available. but we should atleast inform user that the new X will break their drivers (fedoranews)
but silently break things _is_ wrong

Should we also put out notices every time a kernel updates breaks non-free third party kernel modules?

if we know that it will break a module that many users use than why not?

We dont test out proprietary software against any update produced by Fedora. Why should Xorg or kernel updates be a exception?

We are not talking about a formal test process. But if we do have the information (about an update breaking a popular proprietary package), I don't see why we should intentionally withhold it.

Also, if we have a group of volunteers willing to test popular proprietary packages (PPPs), I also don't see how it hurts anyone. I do use VMWare extensively for all my OSS development and packaging, certainly I'm willing to test new kernel update candidates...

-denis