Re: Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:23:04 +0200, you wrote:

>> If X.Org 7.1 is made available as an official upgrade to Fedora 5 when
>> the Fedora Project/Red Hat are aware that it will break systems that
>> are in use across companies and institutions then Fedora will lose
>> credibility and trust with the administrators of those systems, which
>> will damage the reputation of Fedora/Red Hat, as well as convince
>> those organizations to look into alternatives where stability within a
>> release is valued as it used to be with Red Hat.
>
>by this argument Fedora wouldn't be able to release updated kernels
>including those with urgent security fixes.

But we are not talking about a security fix.

Obviously a security fix would take priority, and I would hope that
both it and bug fixes could be done without breaking peoples systems.

But the discussed release of X.Org 7.1 is a feature enhancement, and
one being considered by the maintainer with the deliberate goal of
breaking existing systems running F5.  That is not fair to the people
running F5.