Re: Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Rahul wrote:

dragoran wrote:
Rahul wrote:
dragoran wrote:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=946216&postcount=4
but this should not stop you from realeasing xorg-7.1
if someone for (whatever reason) don't wont to use it they should still wait until updated drivers are available. but we should atleast inform user that the new X will break their drivers (fedoranews)
but silently break things _is_ wrong

Should we also put out notices every time a kernel updates breaks non-free third party kernel modules?

if we know that it will break a module that many users use than why not?

We dont test out proprietary software against any update produced by Fedora. Why should Xorg or kernel updates be a exception?

We should at least warn people when we know there is going to be a problem.

No matter what you feel about the nVIDIA proprietary driver, a great number of people use it. (And some do not have many options. Some things do not work without it and if you have a laptop, getting something else is a wee bit expensive.)

--
"I want to live just long enough to see them cut off Darl's head and
 stick it on a pike as a reminder to the next ten generations that some