Re: Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 13:22, Chris Chabot wrote:
> Isn't that what 'releases' are for, major updates & upgrades? It will be
> kind of hard for anyone making software to say "Works well on fedora core
> 5, if you exclude these packages, or haven't/have updated before/after
> xx-xx-xxxx"
>
> To me a 'supported' (bad word to use I know :-)) release would mean that
> its API/ABI stable, but security fixes are made available, and if something
> works with 'FC-5', then it should work with FC-5

Fedora isn't about a stable platform though.  Things churn even within a
release.  A fedora release is more of a snapshot + some cleaning up to make
an installable release.  Generally new packages are not added, and we'll keep
binary compatibility, but things can and do churn, like kernels, or X.  We're
not providing a stable application platform, that would be RHEL's job.  We're
providing something different.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora