Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

Emmanuel Seyman emmanuel.seyman at club-internet.fr
Wed Jul 26 23:58:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 01:41:26AM +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:

> This was just a general example. I think if you stay within a Fedora
> release, there is an expectation of stability wrt major components, such
> as Gnome, KDE or Xorg. If i'm not mistaken, each Fedora release is
> closely tied to a specific Gnome version. This is some sort of
> "unwritten rule", or maybe simply for practical reasons. But should the
> same rule apply to Xorg ?

With regards to Gnome and KDE, I'm guessing that sticking to a version
for each release is due to the massive size of the updates that would
result otherwise, more than anything else. This isn't true with X.org
(not to the same extent, anyways).

Besides, the Gnome 2.x series is API/ABI compatible, so I'm not sure we're
comparing apples to apples here.

Emmanuel