Maintainer for nvidia-crap in lvn wanted (Re: Pull off AIGLX repoistory?)

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at gnome.org
Thu Jul 27 15:34:14 UTC 2006

Argh, Alan are we joining the FUD team now? I don't know if you are
aware of this, but an offhand remark made by a Thomson representative
6-7 years ago about mp3 patents and Vorbis has been a major obstacle in
getting Vorbis adopted/supported by many device manufacturers etc. I
been spending a lot of energy over the last year trying to overcome that
FUD spread so long ago as part of dealing with many of these companies.

So it saddens me deeply when respected free software personalities start
engaging in this sort of legal FUD spreading. If you want to bring a
court case do so, if not shut the fuck up.

This also reminds me of that old friggin 'the GPL isn't valid until
uphelp in court' argument that every ignorant analyst loved to spit out
for many years.

If people don't like binary drivers fine, but please stop fudding unless
you actually have something concrete. I am sure your kernel
contributions would give you enough legal standing to bring up a case
against NVidia Alan, so if you want to make an issue out of this have
the guts to take action instead of this childish FUD spreading.

Christian