Fedora's intended target audience?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Jul 27 19:48:05 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 18:56:43 +0200,
  Marcus Hartig <m.f.h at web.de> wrote:

> We all want a nicer and better xorg. And Fedor makes a good job... But I
> think the 50 % for intel' video market counts "only" for business market,
> but not for privat users like me and the most here using Fedora?

I have a Radeon 9200 because it has a free driver. When I get my next card it
will be an Intel one, unless something changes. I don't buy new hardware that
often, so there is a lag. But I definitely consider free drivers when I
buy hardware. And I will also weigh in that the manufacturer helped
and didn't force the community to reverse engineer the drivers (e.g. r300
based cards).

I recently purchased a UPS. I specifically bought an MGE Systems UPS, because
they not only release information about their UPS's (which for example, Belkin
doesn't), but actually pay someone to work on the Network UPS Tools project.

When I buy my next motherboard, I plan to get one from Tyan because of their
support of the Linux BIOS project.