Re: Fedora's intended target audience?

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 09:28:11PM +0200, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

> Name one case where he went and removed a driver from a previous kernel
> release.

The incident I was thinking of was a sound card driver during (I think)
the 2.2.x series. I'm sorry but it was so long ago that I don't remember
all the details. Maybe the kernel hackers on the list have more memory
than I do.

If you're looking for just any exemple, a whole bunch of drivers were
dropped when 2.4.0 came out (since nobody had updated the 2.2 driver).

And I doubt anybody has forgotton the min/max mess from a while back.

Emmanuel