Re: Fedora target audience, what about the research area?

alan <alan clueserver org> writes:

> A number of people here use the Livna packages for nVIDIA.  I always
> just build the driver myself.  (One of the first things I do is set
> the default run level to 3 when I install Fedora.)

But for a sysadmin at an institute both rpm and non-rpm drivers
are not at problem - (s)he can disable the update (in this case,
X.org update) at the central mirror (or whatever it's there).

> Unless you run on a laptop and have to give presentations.

I just made sure it doesn't have NVidia chip :-)
--
Krzysztof Halasa