Maintainer for nvidia-crap in lvn wanted (Re: Pull off AIGLX repoistory?)

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Fri Jul 28 19:08:56 UTC 2006

fre, 28 07 2006 kl. 11:32 -0700, skrev Peter Gordon:
> Manuel Moreno wrote:
> > Why do not we let ATI/AMD and Nvidia walk their linux way at
> > their own speed considering that they show a linux-friendly
> > attitude, anyway?
>
> With all due respect, having an outdated and binary-only driver isn't
> exactly what I would call "Linux-friendly"...

I think the description you were looking for is:

Customer-unfriendly

In addition to considering the free software community to stupid to
benefit from their code and claiming there is no demand for free
drivers, requiring their users to spend time configuring the hardware
they paid for isn't very customer friendly if you ask me. If I insert a
videocard in my system I fully expect it to just work, even when the
kernel gets upgraded.

It's time to stand up and let these companies know our requirements and
one of them is that our hardware just works.

- David Nielsen