FC6 and cdburning

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Sat Jul 29 00:21:15 UTC 2006

fre, 28 07 2006 kl. 17:55 -0400, skrev Jesse Keating:
> On Friday 28 July 2006 09:43, dragoran wrote:
> > We should fix this issue before realsing FC6 (or even test3) since this
> > hits many users and cdburning is a task that every user will do from
> > time to time (not like setting up a vm).
> > So please do *not* release FC6 Test3 until this one is fixed!
>
> Unfortunately because this seems to effect only plextor users, and there are
> some work arounds for it, I don't think this would classify as a blocker bug.
> But I'd sure like to see a PROPER fix for this (upsream), I just don't know
> if it can be done in time.

It does not only affect Plextor users, I count TEAC as well and I have
heard NEC also suffers. I also know of a number of users with unnamed
hardware who has hit this problem.

This is a regression, it worked in FC4 and it was rejected for FC5 - I
was under the impression that it would indeed be a target for fixing in
FC6.

- David Nielsen