FC6 and cdburning

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Sat Jul 29 00:58:42 UTC 2006

fre, 28 07 2006 kl. 20:44 -0400, skrev Jesse Keating:
> On Friday 28 July 2006 20:37, David Nielsen wrote:
> > I've been asking the same thing for ages mate, the lovely DaveJ hasn't
> > been very responsive aside when he rejected the bug for FC5 and I'm just
> > a mindless tester.
> >
> > Nor have any of the suffering users been asked for additional
> > information so I doubt any of us have a decent idea where to begin or we
> > would probably have started poking around rather than doing those nasty
> > suid hacks.
>
> If it's a kernel thing, I highly doubt it's a Fedora patch that is doing this.
> This is really a case that should be taken upstream.  Does this not effect
> other distributions that are using 2.6.16+ ?

It is an upstream change, that much is clear it is related to the SCSI
command change from a while back, that does not mean we shouldn't at
least propose a fix or ask the reporters for more information.. We know
it's broken, we've known for months. This is probably the single most
active bug I have ever had to deal with and all we've seen is users
saying "me too".

I report bugs to Fedora, my life is to short to track down every single
projects bugzilla, create accounts and repeat the information. I use
Fedora, if the maintainer of the package feels the bug report needs to
go upstream he can ask me to do so. The bug has not been closed as
NOTOURBUG and it directly affects users of Fedora. It worked with FC4,
we lived with the regression in FC5.. please don't make us suffer in FC6
as well.

- David