Re: FC6 and cdburning

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Friday 28 July 2006 09:43, dragoran wrote:
We should fix this issue before realsing FC6 (or even test3) since this
hits many users and cdburning is a task that every user will do from
time to time (not like setting up a vm).
So please do *not* release FC6 Test3 until this one is fixed!

Unfortunately because this seems to effect only plextor users, and there are some work arounds for it, I don't think this would classify as a blocker bug. But I'd sure like to see a PROPER fix for this (upsream), I just don't know if it can be done in time.

no ignoring this only because it only effetcs plextor users is _wrong_
if we can't fix it in time we should downgrade cd record to the fc4 version, but this can be fixed in the kernel; we only need to allow the commands that gets blocked by the kernel for all devices (not all commands but the commands that cdrecord uses)