Re: FC6 and cdburning

On Saturday 29 July 2006 08:12, dragoran wrote:
> no ignoring this only because it only effetcs plextor users is _wrong_
> if we can't fix it in time we should downgrade cd record to the fc4
> version, but this can be fixed in the kernel; we only need to allow the
> commands that gets blocked by the kernel for all devices (not all
> commands but the commands that cdrecord uses)

If I recall, there is significant reason why we updated cdrecord.  I don't
know those reasons off the top of my head.

The problem with allowing commands is that they are different per device.
What might be BURNFREE for one device could very well be FLASH FIRMWARE on
another device.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora