Re: FC6 and cdburning

On Saturday 29 July 2006 09:36, dragoran wrote:
> breaking burning for many users isn't really a solution, we should try
> to fix the problem which should be solved by the update by backporting
> the fix or anything like this...

Again, I'm pretty sure we can't roll back cdrecord for it breaks other things.

> > The problem with allowing commands is that they are different per device.
> >   What might be BURNFREE for one device could very well be FLASH FIRMWARE
> > on another device.
> >

> where have you got this info from? sounds odd .. aren't such commands
> defined in some spec so that all devices uses them (correct me if I am
> wrong)

This was from Dave J.  I REALLY doubt there is a singular spec that all
burners use.  Its different by manufacturer which is why we can't just
say 'these commands are safe for all devices', it has to be on a per-device
level and the kernel currently can't handle that.  Needs to be fixed in the
upstream kernel.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora