Re: FC6 and cdburning

Alan Cox wrote:
On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 01:39:06PM +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
David Nielsen <david lovesunix net> wrote:

It does not only affect Plextor users, I count TEAC as well and I have
heard NEC also suffers.
For what it's worth, I have a NEC drive (ATA via USB/Firewire, so
SCSI applies, I think) and it works just fine.

Plextor drives have a whole mode of their own that isn't standard mmc. This
includes various vendor commands we filter for safety.

which is broken commands should only be filtered if they cause damage, but only because they may be able flash the firmware on a drive that may not even exists is IMHO not a fix but a bug.