Re: FC6 and cdburning

Dave Jones wrote:
On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 06:31:40PM +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> There's a clear pattern with regards to the Plextor drives, however we also see
 > a number of other brands being knocked out by this. I would really love to know how
 > widespread this bug is.
> > This also makes me wonder which drive I should buy to replace my lovely Plextor drive
 > while I wait for this bug to go away - setting cdrecord suid does not seem to please
 > nautilus-cd-burner in my case and I'd really love to burn DVDs in a non-ancient way.

FWIW, I took this issue to the linux-scsi list last night, and awoke to find
that the upstream maintainers of this code are now considering ripping out
the command sanitising.  Whether it'll be replaced something completely different
or not remains to be seen.

Stay tuned..

Linus seems to dislike the idea and thinks that cdrecord is broken and not the kernel... the funny thing is I always used /dev/hdc or /dev/hdd with cdrecord and got affected by this bug.
		Dave