usb hub problems

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Sun Jul 30 00:55:22 UTC 2006

> Jul 29 22:59:31 xpc kernel: pwc: Failed to set video mode VGA at 30 fps; return code = -22

This is probably not relevant.

> Jul 29 22:59:31 xpc kernel: pwc: Failed to set video mode QSIF at 10 fps; return code = -32

Interesting. The -32 is a stall, e.g. a device intentionally terminates
the transfer. Most likely, your hub simply does not support split
USB 2.0 isochronous transactions, and the stall originates in the hub.

> Notice the difference that it now reports it is using _O_hci_hcd instead
> of _E_hci_hcd.

Yeah... EHCI and its companion controller (OHCI in this case) decide
which one serves which port according to the device plugged in it.

> I had the same problem with my HP-scanner, it worked when it was
> directly connected to the computer but could not be found when connected
> to the hub.

That may be something else, like the power issues.

> the other devices like my mouse, printer, phone work just fine.

Hmm. Mouse uses interrupt transfers, so we know that at least
those work.

-- Pete