FC6 and cdburning

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Sun Jul 30 14:27:38 UTC 2006

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 01:39:06PM +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
>
>>David Nielsen <david at lovesunix.net> wrote:
>>

>>>It does not only affect Plextor users, I count TEAC as well and I have
>>>heard NEC also suffers.
>>
>>For what it's worth, I have a NEC drive (ATA via USB/Firewire, so
>>SCSI applies, I think) and it works just fine.
>

> Plextor drives have a whole mode of their own that isn't standard mmc. This
> includes various vendor commands we filter for safety.

Couldn't we turn the command filter into a filter matrix based on the
manufacturer ? this would solve the problem of A's harmless command is
that same as B's firmware flash command. I would venture to say this
matrix would be of manageable size if it only affected CD-ROM devices.

-denis
cdrdao project