Re: FC6 and cdburning

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Sunday 30 July 2006 10:27, Denis Leroy wrote:
Couldn't we turn the command filter into a filter matrix based on the
manufacturer ? this would solve the problem of A's harmless command is
that same as B's firmware flash command. I would venture to say this
matrix would be of manageable size if it only affected CD-ROM devices.

That's whats been suggested to happen upstream in the kernel. However nobody has offered to do the work.

http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0409.1/2109.html
the command for the drivers are in the cdrecord source...