Leaving? (cont'd)

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 31 10:01:26 UTC 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> Default or not, at least the name of the repos imply that they can
> have different governing rules. Core could/should have more strict
> policies that Extras. I don't understand why this shouldn't be so.
>> --

The name of the repositories are largely retained for historical
reasons. The naming was rather unfortunate but we have been steadily
working towards eliminating differences between these repositories. It
makes managing things more harder to introduce new policies that differ
across these repositories at this point and having a lax policy in
extras compared to core reinforces a mistaken impression that we
consider extras a secondary repository.

Rahul