Re: Leaving? (cont'd)

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

Default or not, at least the name of the repos imply that they can
have different governing rules. Core could/should have more strict
policies that Extras. I don't understand why this shouldn't be so.
--

The name of the repositories are largely retained for historical reasons. The naming was rather unfortunate but we have been steadily working towards eliminating differences between these repositories. It makes managing things more harder to introduce new policies that differ across these repositories at this point and having a lax policy in extras compared to core reinforces a mistaken impression that we consider extras a secondary repository.

Rahul