autofs NIS map usage breakage?

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Sat Jun 3 03:29:26 UTC 2006

I upgraded a system that had been running rawhide for a few weeks to
the new rawhide on Thursday, which upgraded autofs.  In doing so, it
appears that autofs no longer queries NIS for the auto.master map,
even though the autofs line in /etc/nsswitch.conf includes 'files
nis'.  This has been working fine for years, and continues to work
fine on other non-rawhide systems, so I don't suspect a change in my
environment.

Is this expected?  Is querying for the NIS map no longer supported?
(no, it's not a SELinux problem, as that's currently disabled on this
machine for other reasons).

Thanks,
Matt

--