can't install debug rpm with yum.

Ian Burrell ianburrell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 23:13:54 UTC 2006

On 6/8/06, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Ian Burrell (ianburrell at gmail.com) said:
> > It looks like it redirects with a 302 to
> > http://fedora.redhat.com/404.html.  That is just plain wrong and
> > should be fixed.
> >
> > Maybe yum should have some logic to detect HTML error pages and abort
> > them early.
>
> How do you detect arbitrary content?

In this case, it has a Content-Type of text.html.  In addition, it has
an HTML DOCTYPE and the root element is <html>.  All are indications
that this is HTML and not a metadata file.

Yum doesn't really need to handle arbitrary content.  I was thinking
about a special escape for HTML files would make sense because some
misconfigured web servers give back a page for not found instead of
the proper error code.

 - Ian