Hibernate with LVM Swap

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue Jun 13 23:02:00 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 14:47 -0400, Peter Jones wrote:
> Consider dual booting and other such scenarios.

When dual booting with NT/2k/XP, you can share your swap partition by
using SwapFs. http://www.acc.umu.se/~bosse/

This of course wouldn't work with swap on LVM.

I did discover something odd. I have Fedora on an LVM at the start of
the disk, then I installed XP. XP decided the LVM partition was drive
C:, and decided its partition was F:. Weird. The LVM PV kept showing up
as an unformatted drive C:. I figured out you can go into the disk
manager and unassign the drive letter from the partition, so it will at
least no longer show up. This still leaves windows on drive F:, which I
don't think can be changed without severe pain. Go windows. (I need it
for classes. Bleh.)