Request for comments: Laptop improvements

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Jun 14 22:37:23 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 08:31:26AM +1000, David Timms wrote:
> 6. Possible exists: a way to create a desktop grouping / layout for
> example for "task X" which requires two gnome-terms, at position Y and Z
> with sizes A and B, email browser open at pos T size G, etc. People have
> favoured layouts that they endlessly recreate each time they start up.
> {Of course other people always use only a single app or have each
> application full desktop all the time}.

You can already create multiple sessions with different sets of
applications running:

System->Preferences->More Preferences->Sessions

Now if it would just save my session automatically like it pretends to
support (could be a bug with dual-head?).