last minute release notes for test1

John Reiser jreiser at BitWagon.com
Thu Jun 15 01:44:56 UTC 2006

David Woodhouse wrote:
> We _really_ ought to document network installs more prominently. Far too
> many people just aren't aware that it's possible, and they keep using
> those horrid unreliable round shiny things.

I prefer physical CD and DVD at the beginning of a test cycle.
I have 2 machines (desktop, laptop) of the same $ARCH to install;
I also have to re-do installs that break, which is likely
for Test-1 of a cycle.  I find that downloading the whole DVD
(via DSL torrent @ 150KB/s) saves me time beginning with the
third install.  Network installs are for Test-3.