last minute release notes for test1

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jun 15 09:08:52 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 19:28 -0700, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> My own preference is to pull the ISO directly to the local HD and eliminate
> even networking as required hardware for installation.

I used to do that when the installer could handle installation from a
local tree. Now it requires ISO images, I don't bother -- I always just
do it from an install tree somewhere on the network.

Or sometimes, I copy just the Fedora/base directory to another computer,
_start_ and NFS install, then switch to tty2 to bind-mount the
Fedora/RPMS directory from a local file system. That's a fairly icky
hack to work around this installer regression though. :)

To clarify: I wasn't suggesting that we should _remove_ the mention of
CD/DVD from the release notes. Merely that we should make network
installation at least as prominent, since too many people don't realise
it's possible.

--
dwmw2