Unmounting CD/DVD Drives on FC5

Benjy Grogan benjy.grogan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 17:12:55 UTC 2006

On 6/16/06, Callum Lerwick <seg at haxxed.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 15:14 +0100, Joe Desbonnet wrote:
> > As far as I'm concerned if the eject button is depressed the thing
> > should come out no matter what the consequence (unless explicitly
> > locked of course).   It's rather embarrassing to be bragging to
> > friends and coworkers about stability of Linux only to have to reboot
> > the machine when they ask for their CD-ROM back in a hurry :)
>
> su -c "eject /dev/cdrom"

Thanks.  Is there a similar solution for the 'no sound' problem, where
I'm guessing the sound server has been locked by a user?

If you don't mind, could you also direct me to where this discussion
has already occurred.  I would like to know the technical reasons for
the persistence of these issues, so I can bring back an answer to my
people. :)

Benjy