fedora core 5 php-eaccelerator

Chris Chabot chabotc at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 18 14:04:03 UTC 2006

Hi Dennis,

Very weird to hear this report from you, at my work i use APC
extensively in various production envirioments, and without any
problems.

Including (obviously) in many situations where require_once() is used
very frequently, and without a single problem..

Sounds like there might have been a miss-configuration? Or didn't you
name the php files .php ? (if you use a different extention, try adding
that extention to the apc options).

Personally i use:

extension = apc.so
apc.enabled=1
apc.shm_segments=1
apc.optimization=0
apc.shm_size=16
apc.ttl=7200
apc.user_ttl=7200
apc.num_files_hint=1024
apc.mmap_file_mask=/tmp/apc.XXXXXX
apc.enable_cli=1
apc.cache_by_default=1

And it's working very well for me, much more stable then eAccelerator
does (atleast with php 5.1.x)

The only known bug i sometimes run into is when you make 2 classes in 2
seperate files:

class A {
	private $var;
}

class B extends A {
}

hit the page with your browser and then change the source too:
class A {
	protected $var;
}

class B extends A {
}

And php will complain that 'B::var should have the same declaration type
as A::var'. Restarting apache resolves the problem :-)

As i mentioned, its scheduled to be included in PHP 6, and even some
core php hackers are involved in the project, so the statement that it
doesn't deal with require_once ... sounds like FUD to me :-)

	-- Chris