rawhide report: 20060624 changes - backdating packages ?

David Timms dtimms at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 25 14:14:12 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 15:44 +0200, Leszek Matok wrote:
>> Dnia 25-06-2006, nie o godzinie 18:53 +0530, Rahul Sundaram napisał(a):
>> Telling users on the list to use rpm --force --nodeps --whatever instead
>> of yum install package-older-version is teaching them bad things and is
>> more harmful.
>
> Have you actually requested this functionality anywhere?

> We are talking about two different things here.
Is that:
1. unable to ?upgrade to newer package due to packaging boo-boo.
2. unable to go back / revert / undo to previous installed package state ?

Is there currently any consideration for a ?something to allow such
features(2) ? Is it something that a yum plugin would be able to do in
the future or are there yum limits that would make it impossible with
the current design ?

DaveT.