nfs-utils dependency error

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Jun 27 11:19:01 UTC 2006

Le Mar 27 juin 2006 12:38, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 11:09 +0200, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
>>
>> You can get this while strictly following just -devel, if you
>> updated your system during the right (wrong) timeframe.
>>
>> The fix is to update nfs-utils, nfs-utils-lib and libgssapi manually
>> from the current rawhide tree.
>
> The user already has the "newer" nfs-utils installed, and the same one
> that is in the development tree.  Therefor he has enabled a repo that
> has the older but rpmnewer nfs-utils which would be the fc-updates repo.

IMHO the good answer is we botched things, because even if a user got old
repositories configured, things should just work.

Sometimes it's easy to write "don't do that, it's known not to work", but
just knowing it doesn't work is rarely a good reason not to fix it. (I
still hope someday someone enhances yum so it works gracefully with
rawhide, instead of blaming the problems yum got with rawhide on the
rawhide state. Rawhide will always be semi-broken, it's intended to be
semi-broken, so wishing for rawhide to be "fixed" won't get us anywhere)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot