linux/compiler.h removed from glibc-kernheaders

Robert Scheck fedora-devel-list.listman at linuxnetz.de
Tue Jun 27 11:57:46 UTC 2006

Hello Axel and Jesse,

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Jesse Keating wrote:
> The one package I ran into this on wanted to include compiler.h but
> didn't really use anything from it.  Removing the include let to the
> package building just fine.  Have you given this a try?

It looks like linux/compiler.h was used (abused?) to detect the difference
between a Linux 2.4 and 2.6 system, at least at arrayprobe.

Arrayprobe (http://www.strocamp.net/opensource/arrayprobe.php) had the same
problem and trying to remove linux/compiler.h just worked fine and I can
see no difference when using. Already sent a patch upstream suggesting this
change. Thanks for pointing to that :)

Greetings,
  Robert