nfs-utils dependency error

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Jun 27 16:22:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 17:42 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> True. However my personal take on this is updates from the previous
> release should never have a NEVR higher than that of rawhide, because that
> will screw moving from previous to rawhide which is a valid use-case.
>
> So even if updates frome previous do not work with rawhide, they should
> never be applied by the package manager even if the old repo is still
> configured. If that is not the case this is a repo, not user problem

Doesn't always work that way though.  For example, a new upstream
version of Foo is released.  The maintainer is able to get it built and
released for FC5 Updates.  However FC6 (rawhide/development) has gcc
issues or some other issues preventing packages from making it out, so
the rawhide one remains an older version.  This can VERY easily happen.
As we prepare for a release though, we usually make sure upgrades can
happen from the latest (updated) release to the test or final release
and resolve any broken deps / newer package issues at that point.