Changing the default font in Fedora Core 6

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Jun 30 08:22:02 UTC 2006

Le Ven 30 juin 2006 08:49, Callum Lerwick a écrit :
> On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 03:18 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>> Having read the thread that was active 2+ weeks ago "Changing the
>> default font in Fedora Core 6" [1], I think that it's obvious that the
>> Best Thing™ would be to include DejaVu in Core as soon as possible.
>
> Yes, Fedora seems to be behind most other distributions in the area of
> fonts. I don't understand why.

I think the main reason is Red Hat has historically been not too
interested in the desktop. New fonts are seen by the Red Hat people in
charge more as a source of new support requests than as a way to improve
users experience (kind of sad given all the energy poured in the past in
BlueCurve for example, which was a way more dangerous project will much
smaller benefits)

At least the reactions to the DejaVu proposal closely mirror the
discussion over Vera a few years back.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot