AIGLX - blue screen

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 10:12:22 UTC 2006

2006/6/2, Soeren Sandmann <sandmann at redhat.com>:
> David Nielsen wrote:
> > I can ack this failure on Fedora Development using a Radeon 9250 (r200)
> > card. This is an AMD64 box should that matter.
> >
> > I also know of a user on an intel chip who is seeing the same.
> >
> The blue screen of death generally indicate that the texture-from-pixmap
> GL extension is not working.
> The underlying cause of that can be many different things.
>
> The BSOD's that many people have recently seen were caused by some
> tokens we had patched into our
> mesa packages and forgot to take out when they were merged. It should be
> fixed in rawhide now.

it is not yet fixed in the aiglx repository as far as i can see.

also the already reported vte problem (Version in fc5 is newer than
the one in the aiglx repo which leads to a broken gnome-terminal if
the aiglx repo is used and all updates are applied) isnt fixed yet
either

in my eyes if theres a repository (which is nice indeed) those kind of
trivial to fix problems should be tackled. will reduce bugreports and
similar overhead aswell.

regards,
Rudolf Kastl