binaries and libries in /lib /bin depends on/usr

Robert Scheck fedora-devel-list.listman at linuxnetz.de
Sun Jun 4 11:42:20 UTC 2006

Hello Michael,

On So, 04 Jun 2006, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> 2005-08-26 CLOSED/UPSTREAM => more proof that closing bugs like this does
> not work. Upstream RPM may be fixed since last year. But FC remains
> broken.

at least this is proofing, that the RPM maintainers on the Red Hat side
should be *more closed* to upstream. I opened up bug #174307 already more
then half a year ago and nothing happend, because maintainers are telling,
that they don't have the time to looking in and review what changed since
the old 4.4.2, Red Hat uses.

Another reason is, that Red Hat is developing own hacks, patches and things
of RPM instead of supporting upstream of RPM to get a sane solution. This
could be the beginning of forking of RPM... :-(

Greetings,
  Robert

p.s.: The bug mentioned above isn't "assigned", it only got it's state,
because "NeedInfo_Eng" disappeared in April" ;-)