UnleashKDE

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Tue Jun 6 14:05:08 UTC 2006

Dnia 06-06-2006, wto o godzinie 16:37 +0300, Gilboa Davara napisał(a):
> > why not just make a fedora-kde project
> > that only holds all the kde stuff, instead of putting it in
> > fedora-extras ? Probably would fit on a single CD, so people that want
> > fedora with KDE can just burn core and the kde CD.
> >
> Like... this?
> http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/
Pretty much, yes, but with the addition of being supported by Anaconda
at install time. Anaconda is heading towards Extras-disk already, so
instead of KDE CD, it's sufficient to have Extras DVD (remember it's
2006!) and all that is needed is "KDE" menu appearing in Anaconda when
it detects Extras on media (or asks if I have one). If the people
interested in KDE are so desperate that they maintain it in several
places at once, I'm sure they will help with Anaconda part :)

Lam