Lock directory changed in ckermit?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Wed Jun 14 20:13:59 UTC 2006

Did the lock (LCK..xxx) directory change from /var/lock/ in ckermit-8.0.209
to /etc/locks/ in ckermit-8.0.211?

Because a "strings" on /usr/bin/kermit reveals "$@/var/lock" for the former,
but "/etc/locks/LCK.." for the latter.

Is there a runtime option to stuff in the .kermrc to get it to look into
/var/lock
instead?  I couldn't find one.  Kermit 7.0 seems to support the "lockdir"
variable, but kermit 8.0 doesn't.

Because "yum provides /etc/locks" doesn't seem to report that this is a
known
directory... and indeed it doesn't exist on my system.

I haven't looked at the .src.rpm to see what values of "#define LOK" and
-DLOCK_DIR=... were used (or might have changed).

-Philip