ACPI resume and incorrect rpm deps

Anders Östling anders.ostling at neurope.ikea.com
Thu Jun 15 07:16:01 UTC 2006

Howdy

I'm not sure if this is the correct channel to report problems, if not
please ignore and point me in the right direction ...

There is an ACPI resume regression. Suspend works ok, but resume locks
the X session solid. It used to work well in FC5, and I have the same
settings in /etc/sysconfig/pm as with FC5. My hardware is a DELL D800
latitude. The problem is the same both using the hardware button and the
gnome-power-manager applet.

There also seem to be a dependency problem that I dont understand.
Yesterdays and todays update complains about

---> Package nautilus-cd-burner.i386 0:2.15.3-1 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libnautilus-burn.so.3 for package: banshee
--> Processing Dependency: libnautilus-burn.so.3 for package:
gnome-media
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libnautilus-burn.so.3 is needed by package
banshee
Error: Missing Dependency: libnautilus-burn.so.3 is needed by package
gnome-media

However, I do have this

[root at localhost ~]# ls -l /usr/lib/libnaut*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    25 Jun 13 15:21 /usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so.3
-> libnautilus-burn.so.3.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 93232 May 29
15:28 /usr/lib/libnautilus-burn.so.3.0.0

which is part of the installed package

[root at localhost ~]# rpm -qi nautilus-cd-burner
Name        : nautilus-cd-burner           Relocations: (not
relocatable)
Version     : 2.15.2                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 3                             Build Date: Mon 29 May 2006
03:28:01 PM CEST
Install Date: Tue 13 Jun 2006 03:21:25 PM CEST      Build Host:
hs20-bc1-5.build.redhat.com
Group       : User Interface/Desktops       Source RPM:
nautilus-cd-burner-2.15.2-3.src.rpm
Size        : 1584693                          License: LGPL/GPL
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
Summary     : Easy to use CD burning for Gnome
Description :
An easy to use CD burning package, well integrated with
Nautilus and the Gnome desktop.

What is wrong here? Is it gnome-media and banshee that have incorrect
depenency information, or is my rpm db in bad shape?

Anders