Unmounting CD/DVD Drives on FC5

Otto Rey otto_rey at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jun 15 13:08:11 UTC 2006

FC5 have a lot of problem with privilegies when you switch users. Most commons are with sound devices and cd/dvd devices. For example if you switch user (without clossing the current session), the new session have no sound, because sound devices have exclusive privilegies for the first user (session). If you chown your /dev/(dvd device) to the current user, you can umount/eject DVD without restarting your computer.

Benjy Grogan <benjy.grogan at gmail.com> escribió: Hello,

I occasionally have to reboot my computer to eject a DVD.  It seems to
occur after having switched from another user to the current user.  I
get a dialog that says "Cannot unmount volume // You are not
privileged to unmount the volume 'New'."  If user A mounted the
volume, and then logs out, then when I log in as user B I'm stuck.  Is
this a common problem/bug and is there a solution?

Benjy

Correo Yahoo!