Request for comments: Laptop improvements

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Sat Jun 17 08:13:14 UTC 2006

My top laptop improvements (and I use FC on my laptop all the time)

- system-config-network is still as confusing and unusable as ever. Also
its interaction with NetworkManager is extremely unclear. NetworkManager
also still needs to mature a bit more, though it's definitely the way to go!

- Profiles!!! I use my laptop in 3 completely different environments, so
I have 3 boots lines for my 3 different 'netprofile='. I then hack
rc.sysinit to use info to link different files and directories
(~/.gnome*, /etc/X11/Xorg.conf, etc...). Kinda works...

- the very sad state of dual-head support for system-config-display. KDE
has a large lead here.