FC5 -> FC6t1 yum upgrade - success story

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Jun 19 18:39:18 UTC 2006

Given that rawhide ~= FC6t1, I figured I'd go upgrade my Dell Latitude
D610 laptop from FC5 (with all updates installed) to rawhide.

(fix all the /etc/yum.repos.d/ files to point at development trees)
# yum upgrade
  (wait 2.5 hours)
# reboot
  (for the new kernel really)

All in all, quite smooth.  The only things that caught me were
transcode from repo-which-must-not-be-named needs a rebuild for new
libMagick, and my system lacking an ipw2200-firmware package, both
easily dealt with.

This system intentionally has very few packages that aren't
in Core/Extras, but I'm pleased that the upgrade went as well as it
did.

Thanks,
Matt

--