groupware for Fedora

Wed Jun 21 09:54:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 10:44 +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Erwin Rol writes:
>  > Hey all,
>  >
>  > A while back i wrote that i was trying to get Open-Xchange working on
>  > Fedora (meaning no Sun Java stuff). Since the Open-Xchange authors
>  > decided that all non-source code (all source code is GPL) will fall
>  > under the CC-Non-commercial license, it will be impossible to include
>  > Open-Xchange in Fedora (or Debian, or any Free distribution).
>
> Out of interest, did you get it to work?

With some seriously ugly hacks i got it to compile and run, of course
still a lot of bugs but when it would be a real community project (no
copyright assignments, and no CC-non-commercial license) I think it can
be made to work with gcj. But i gave up since it became clear there is
no open-xchange developer community, just people that do gratis work for
the open-xchange authors.

There are still some experimental rpms on my website, which i should
remove, since the versions >= 0.8.0 and < 0.8.2 are _not_ open source,
the HTML files are all proprietary and have no license.

- Erwin