rawhide report: 20060624 changes

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sun Jun 25 12:32:46 UTC 2006

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Erwin Rol wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 08:18 -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:

>>> Maybe a stupid question , but how can i "force upgrade" with yum ?
>>
>> You can't. Use rpm from the command line.
>
> Maybe another stupid question, why can't yum do a force
> update/upgrade/install ? I already needed it more than once due to
> broken rawhide problems, like this one.

Because Seth has stated more than once he does not want to allow people to
screw up their machines by allowing yum to do things like --nodeps or --force.

You should not be using these except in very rare instances anyway. What is so
hard about typing rpm -Uvh --force nfs-utils-1.0.8-2-*?

Regards,

Tom